Hi Eric, > Thanks for reaching out. The project is still in very early stages. So > far we have taught the analyzer the basic behavior for > PyLong_FromLong, PyList_New, and Py_DECREF via known function > subclassing. Additionally, Py_INCREF is supported out of the box. > Reference count checking functionality remains the priority, but it is > not yet fully implemented. Great! > Regarding CPython versions, the goal is to just get things working on > one version first. I arbitrarily picked 3.9, but happy to consider > another version as an initial goal if it’s more helpful to the CPython > community. I am not sure about this. cpychecker is more beneficial to CPython extension devs than to CPython devs, since it is almost impossible to let the cpychecker learn the most updated internal function definitions without handwritten attributes or seeing the whole function definitions. So it depends on the extension maintainer. I am observing this pattern that popular libraries are gradually upgrading. 3.9 and 3.10 is definitely the current mainstream. Saying so, I think 3.9 is fine for now, but it will be outdated after 2 to 3 years. Best, Steven