* Howto specifying a pre-compiled C++ header ?
@ 1998-10-11 19:05 Geoffrey L. Brimhall
From: Geoffrey L. Brimhall @ 1998-10-11 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

Coming from a msvc++ background, it had a directive for precompiled header
file which greatly increased compile time.

Does egcs have something similar ? If so, what is the command line directive to
invoke it ?

Thanks !
Geoff Brimhall

* Re: Howto specifying a pre-compiled C++ header ?
       [not found] <XFMail.981010080014.brimhall.cygnus.egcs@pobox.com>
@ 1998-10-12 22:24 ` Nathan Myers
From: Nathan Myers @ 1998-10-12 22:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

Geoffrey L. Brimhall wrote:

> Coming from a msvc++ background, it had a directive for precompiled
> header file which greatly increased compile time.
>
> Does egcs have something similar ? If so, what is the command line
> directive to invoke it ?

The Egcs compiler doesn't need such a directive, it has greatly-increased
compile time by default.  ;-)

Seriously, what you are asking for is really support for the "export"
keyword.  This is a standard, portable solution to the problem.  Only
preliminary work on this has been done on it, to my knowledge.

Nathan Myers
ncm@cantrip.org