From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub@redhat.com>
To: Tobias Burnus <tobias@codesourcery.com>
Cc: Mohamed Atef <mohamedatef1698@gmail.com>, gcc@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: OMPD Branch
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 10:27:38 +0200	[thread overview]

On Thu, May 19, 2022 at 09:47:34AM +0200, Tobias Burnus wrote:
> Hi Mohamed,
>
> On 19.05.22 03:39, Mohamed Atef via Gcc wrote:
> > Should I commit to devel/omp/gcc-11 branch?
>
> Short answer – no.

Yeah, you should create a new devel/omp/ompd branch.  We want a public
branch in the devel/omp namespace, because the OMPD work is larger and might
need several people to participate before it is finished and committing
it to trunk right away might be premature until we have at least larger
usable part in.

Steps should be:
create git clone of the gcc repository with your new gcc.gnu.org account
git+ssh://mohamedatef1968@gcc.gnu.org/git/gcc.git
(or tweak your existing repository such that it has origin
url = git+ssh://mohamedatef1968@gcc.gnu.org/git/gcc.git
).
Make sure you have run at least contrib/gcc-git-customization.sh
git checkout master
git checkout -b devel/omp/ompd
# commit your patch, make sure the ChangeLog entry etc. are in commit log
# and Signed-off-by too (as the last line) of commit message.
git gcc-verify HEAD
# The above should tell you if you have done something wrong with the
# commit message, if so, git commit --amend it and repeat.
git push -n origin devel/omp/ompd:refs/heads/devel/omp/ompd
# The above as a dry run to see what it would do, if it is ok, then
git push origin devel/omp/ompd:refs/heads/devel/omp/ompd

	Jakub