From: "Bradley M. Kuhn" <bkuhn@sfconservancy.org>
To: Jeremy Bennett <jeremy.bennett@embecosm.com>
Cc: gcc@gcc.gnu.org, David Edelsohn <dje.gcc@gmail.com>,
	Carlos O'Donell <carlos@redhat.com>,
	Jan Hubicka <honza.hubicka@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: GNU Tools Cauldron 2024
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2024 19:57:15 -0800	[thread overview]

Jeremy, David, Carlos, and the GCC Community,

Jeremy Bennett wrote yesterday:
> We are starting to put together the plans for this year's Cauldron.  We
> have a suggested date of 13-15 September, the weekend before LPC.

> We have not finalized a host for the meeting. If you wish to host, please
> let me, David Edelsohn, Carlos O'Donnell or Jan Hubicka know ASAP.

During the open session at the of Cauldron in 2023, I offered that Software
Freedom Conservancy could offer hosting for a “Cauldron USA” — in conjunction
with the annual FOSSY (Free and Open Source Software Yearly) conference that
we organize and host in each year in Portland, Oregon, USA.

There seemed some interest to that.  We're just a few days away from
finalizing the date and venue for FOSSY.  It's similar to FOSDEM in
that we organize and pay for the venue, handle on-site logistics, and
provide the usual logistics — and then volunteers need to handle review
of talk proposals for the track and be on site to introduce speakers, etc.

This would be different dates (it's likely to be in mid-to-late northern
hemisphere summer), and in the USA, so it would complement the usual
Cauldron.

Let me know if any of you are interested in this, and I can put you in touch
with the staff at SFC who orgainze FOSSY.

Let me know!
--
Bradley M. Kuhn - he/them
Policy Fellow & Hacker-in-Residence at Software Freedom Conservancy