From: "Matthew J. Waller" <mwaller@hgmp.mrc.ac.uk>
To: gcc@gcc.gnu.org
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 05:01:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Hi, I must have posted a message on here without thinking about the
consequences and i left my email address and phone number at the
bottom of the message.  This is very bad.  I used to get no junk
mail.  Today I got my first.  I realise now what a stupid stupid
thing it was to do, i'm very very sorry, I'll never post to a
mailinglist again without reading to the bottom of the page, promise.
Is there any way you could remove the bit that says my email address.
*anyone??? *please???

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2002-07/msg01205.html

Ok, so how about putting this bit from your pages at the very top and
stating clearly that everything you put in an email becomes public to
the world, to spam you and harass you for the rest of eternity. (in
big big flashing letters and then underlining the consequences).
Well it was worth a try.

--

Matthew Waller