* GSOC Proposal on GENERIC level issues with threads
@ 2019-04-04 14:01 nick
From: nick @ 2019-04-04 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Biener; +Cc: GCC Development

Richard,

This is the link:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BKVeh62IpigsQYf_fJqkdu_js0EeGdKtXInkWZ-DtU0/edit

Seems that the function finalize_compilation_unit is a issue as it's the final
function before the GIMPLE level. It seems to have lots of issues related to
shared state if I'm understanding it correctly. In my proposal I'm assuming
that it's the final GENERIC pass and should be fixed, this is due to even
if the GIMPLE level is fixed we can only pass in shared state there which
is still not a complete threaded pipeline through all three layers of
GENERIC,GIMPLE and RTA. We would be bottle necked here and that seems to
be a issue after reading the code.

Let me know if this makes more sense to you as a proposal and feel free to
ask questions if something doesn't make sense,

Nick

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-04-04 14:01 UTC | newest]