在 2022/11/25 15:37, Hi-Angel 写道: > Why? A default is merely a default. I don't really see why changing > that should help you specifically. A decision "which assembly syntax > to use" is one that makes a project like ones you're contributing to, > not GCC. If they decided to use AT&T syntax, they won't switch to > Intel just because a compiler toolchain has changed their default. > There's a lot more than that. The AT&T syntax usually surprises people; and more importantly, for miserable beginners on GCC inline assembly, they can't start learning from official Intel documentation, but have to learn from some non-standard, insane and incompatible dialect. That's just too unfortunate. The AT&T syntax should really die out, but if it is kept the default, that is never going to happen. > If you care specifically about the projects you are contributing to, > then those are the ones whom you need to convince to switch to "intel" > assembly syntax, not the GCC developers. Because as I said, changing a > default in GCC will hardly make any change to those other projects. That is a poor reason for putting up with a piece of 50-year-old evilness and refusing to move forward. Upgrading the compiler is always a big change, and updating sources should be expected, when we take `-Werror` into account. -- Best regards, LIU Hao