* About the Idea Presented by GCC for Google Summer of Code
@ 2018-03-08 10:36 Chethan M
From: Chethan M @ 2018-03-08 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hello Sir/Madam,
          I am a 2nd Year Computer Science student from Bangalore.I am
Interested in an idea presented by the GCC for Google Summer of Code.The
idea is about creating built in functions for folding for constant
arguments and expanding inline,Which would be mentored by  Joseph Myers.
           I found this idea interesting and really possible for me. But
I'm finding difficulty in proposing the the project as i never worked for
Open source soft wares.Would you Please help me with more description for
the idea or with some suggestion?

Thank you.

--
Chethan M
Dept of Computer Science

* Re: About the Idea Presented by GCC for Google Summer of Code
@ 2018-03-08 22:36 ` Joseph Myers
From: Joseph Myers @ 2018-03-08 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chethan M; +Cc: gcc

On Thu, 8 Mar 2018, Chethan M wrote:

> Hello Sir/Madam,
>           I am a 2nd Year Computer Science student from Bangalore.I am
> Interested in an idea presented by the GCC for Google Summer of Code.The
> idea is about creating built in functions for folding for constant
> arguments and expanding inline,Which would be mentored by  Joseph Myers.
>            I found this idea interesting and really possible for me. But
> I'm finding difficulty in proposing the the project as i never worked for
> Open source soft wares.Would you Please help me with more description for
> the idea or with some suggestion?

Please see the description I posted at
<https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2018-03/msg00001.html> discussing various
examples of what might be involved for particular functions, and see if
you can identify some of the relevant parts of the GCC sources for
existing built-in math.h functions that would serve as a guide to the
sorts of things that would be needed for implementing the new functions.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com