* Local optimization options
@ 2020-07-04  9:30 Thomas König
From: Thomas König @ 2020-07-04  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

in Fortran, it would sometimes  be useful to have a different optimization
depending on whether we generate inlined code for intrinsics (where we
know when it is OK to „go wild“) or user code, where  we need to
adhere (for example) to IEEE semantics unless otherwise instructed
by the user.

What could be a preferred way to achieve that? Could optimization
options like -ffast-math be applied to blocks instead of functions?
Could we set flags on the TREE codes to allow certain optinizations?
Other things?

Regards, Thomas