* Malicious content being served
@ 2012-07-02 19:12 Larry Baker
From: Larry Baker @ 2012-07-02 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

My attempt to access the www.netgull.com mirror was blocked by our web content filter today.  They tell me that this site may be serving malicious content:

> I did some research on www.netgull.com to see if I could get the filtering vendor to change the categorization of this website. During the course of my research I found that the Netgull site is most likely compromised and serving malicious content. I am surprised it is not blocked by the Malware Domain List. If you review the comments of this website on the Web of Trust's website you will note that several people have complained that this site not only served them content containing viruses but also attempts to mine data through Phishing scams. I would urge you to consider another source if you are attempting to download content because Netgull's site will most likely end up serving you malware.

I thought you should know.

Larry Baker
US Geological Survey
650-329-5608
baker@usgs.gov

* Re: Malicious content being served
@ 2012-07-15 22:00 ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2012-07-15 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Larry Baker; +Cc: gcc

On Mon, 2 Jul 2012, Larry Baker wrote:
> My attempt to access the www.netgull.com mirror was blocked by our web
> content filter today.  They tell me that this site may be serving
> malicious content:

Thanks for the heads up, Larry.  From what I can tell, the GCC
mirror side of netgull.com seems fine; perhaps they have problems
with Windows binaries (only)?

I downloaded some tar-balls on the GCC side and compared them with
what I have locally and did not find discrepancies.  If anyone does,
that definitely would be important to know.

Thanks for the heads up!

Gerald