* how can I contribute ?
@ 2008-06-24 22:49 Fabien Chêne
From: Fabien Chêne @ 2008-06-24 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi!

I would like to contribute to GCC. For now, I plan to fix bugs in
the C++ FE. Later, I will be pleased to contribute to libstdc++.
I have started to work on PR32519 and I've got a patch for
it. How can I process ? Do I need GNU copyright assignment ? Do I
need SVN right access after approval ? Otherwise, can I send the
patch on gcc-patches so that someone else will commit it for me ?

Thanks in advance,

--
Fab

* Re: how can I contribute ?
@ 2008-06-24 23:25 ` Diego Novillo
From: Diego Novillo @ 2008-06-24 23:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabien Chêne; +Cc: gcc

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 03:36, Fabien Chêne <fabien.chene@gmail.com> wrote:

> How can I process ? Do I need GNU copyright assignment ? Do I
> need SVN right access after approval ? Otherwise, can I send the
> patch on gcc-patches so that someone else will commit it for me ?

I suggest reading the introductory material in
http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GettingStarted/

That page will point you to the legal prerequisites for contributing.
Essentially, you need to assign your copyright to the FSF unless you
are working for an institution that already has an assignment in
place.

You will also get a description of the technical aspects of the
contributing process, how to format patches, coding conventions, etc.

Diego.

* Re: how can I contribute ?
@ 2008-06-25 22:32   ` Fabien CHÊNE
From: Fabien CHÊNE @ 2008-06-25 22:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Diego Novillo; +Cc: gcc

2008/6/25 Diego Novillo <dnovillo@google.com>:
> On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 03:36, Fabien Chêne <fabien.chene@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> How can I process ? Do I need GNU copyright assignment ? Do I
>> need SVN right access after approval ? Otherwise, can I send the
>> patch on gcc-patches so that someone else will commit it for me ?
>
> I suggest reading the introductory material in
> http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GettingStarted/
>
> That page will point you to the legal prerequisites for contributing.
> Essentially, you need to assign your copyright to the FSF unless you
> are working for an institution that already has an assignment in
> place.

Well, can someone please send me the paper to fill, in order to have
copyright assignment for all future changes ?

Thanks !

--
Fab

* Re: how can I contribute ?
@ 2008-06-25 22:55     ` David Edelsohn
From: David Edelsohn @ 2008-06-25 22:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabien CHÊNE; +Cc: Diego Novillo, gcc

	I will send it privately.

David

* Re: how can I contribute ?
@ 2008-06-28 13:18   ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2008-06-28 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabien Chêne; +Cc: gcc

On Tue, 24 Jun 2008, Diego Novillo wrote:
> I suggest reading the introductory material in
> http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GettingStarted/

And of course http://gcc.gnu.org/contribute.html ...

Gerald

* RE: how can I contribute ?
@ 2008-06-30  4:02       ` Gurumurthy, Dinesh (IT)
From: Gurumurthy, Dinesh (IT) @ 2008-06-30  4:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Edelsohn, Fabien CHÊNE; +Cc: Diego Novillo, gcc

Please send me the paper also, I am also willing to contribute. I am right now,going through whole of gcc wiki.

Regards,
Dinesh Gurumurthy