* New g++ template stress/regression test?
@ 2009-11-06 10:14 Sebastian Mach
From: Sebastian Mach @ 2009-11-06 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

I wonder if there would be an interest for a C++ template / compile
time ray tracer as a heavy test for

* templates in general
* the type system
* regression and conformance testing

I have a 95% complete template ray tracer based on fractional math.
One thing e.g. that became evident for me during development is that
performance of lookup or other type system related code degrades
exponentially; such stuff could be tested with it.

I guess the code is also very sensible to conformance.

It is currently based on g++-4.4's support for c++0x (i.e. variadic
templates + strongly typed enums), but I could port it back to 2003.

As said, it is not bugfree as for an error somewhere in the shading or
vector math, but I hereby liked to know if there is generally such an
interest.

Have a great day

Sebastian Mach