From: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald@pfeifer.com>
To: Gleb Smirnov <me@gvsmirnov.ru>
Cc: gcc@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: A 404 error in gcc-4.8.2 onlinedocs
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 04:38:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Hi Gleb,

On Sun, 26 Jan 2014, Gleb Smirnov wrote:
> I have been browsing the online docs here:
> http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.8.2/gcc/
> Turns out that clicking on "3.6 Options Controlling Objective-C and
> Objective-C++ Dialects" results in a 404 error.
>
> That is, http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.8.2/gcc/Objective-C-and-Objective-C_002b_002b-Dialect-Options.html
> does no exist.

thanks for the report, I just fixed this "manually".

For a bit more background refer to
  http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2013-12/msg00047.html and
  http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2013-12/msg00135.html ;
in a nutshell, this was due to what I consider broken design in
makeinfo and an incomplete workaround on our side.

I did not touch the documentation of released versions of GCC
and the docs for GCC 4.8.3 will not exhibit this problem when
created, but since you ran into this and reported it, I now
did that fixup for gcc-4.8.2/gcc.

Gerald