Hello, On Mon, 19 Jun 2023, Richard Biener via Gcc wrote: > On Sun, Jun 18, 2023 at 12:00 PM Claudio Eterno via Gcc wrote: > > > > Hi, this is my first time with open source development. I worked in > > automotive for 22 years and we (generally) were using tricore series for > > these products. GCC doesn't compile on that platform. I left my work some > > days ago and so I'll have some spare time in the next few months. I would > > like to know how difficult it is to port the tricore platform on gcc and if > > during this process somebody can support me as tutor and... also if the gcc > > team is interested in this item... > > We welcome ports to new architectures. Quick googling doesn't find me > something like an ISA specification though so it's difficult to assess the > complexity of porting to that architecture. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infineon_TriCore https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/TC1_3_ArchOverview_1.pdf?fileId=db3a304312bae05f0112be86204c0111 CPU part looks like fairly regular 32bit RISC. DSP part seems quite normal as well. There even was once a GCC port to Tricore, version 3.3 from HighTec (now part of Infineon itself), but not even the wayback machine has the files for that anymore: https://web.archive.org/web/20150205040416/http://www.hightec-rt.com:80/en/downloads/sources.html Given the age of that port it's probably better to start from scratch anyway :) (the current stuff from them/Infineon doesn't seem to be GCC-based anymore?) Ciao, Michael.