* Frontend access to target-related options
@ 2020-01-01  9:32 The Other
From: The Other @ 2020-01-01  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,
I'm currently working on a Rust frontend for GCC. Rust has some
language-level conditional compilation features based on the presence or
lack of features in the target architecture (e.g. SSE, AVX, a static C
runtime) as well as the target CPU architecture itself, target OS, and
various other target-related information (such as pointer width and
endianness).

As such, the frontend parser requires this target-related option
information to be available to it. I was wondering if there was an
architecture-neutral way of accessing this data (if it is even stored).
I've looked into options.h but I cannot figure out how to use it in an
architecture-neutral way.

Thanks,
Theo