* Typo in internals
@ 2009-10-23 11:52 Mohamed Shafi
From: Mohamed Shafi @ 2009-10-23 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GCC

Hi,

The internal doc says :

— Target Hook: bool TARGET_CAN_INLINE_P (tree caller, tree callee)

    This target hook returns false if the caller function cannot
inline callee, based on target specific information. By default,
inlining is not allowed if the callee function has function specific
target options and the caller does not use the same options.

But looking in the sources i think this really should have been
TARGET_OPTION_CAN_INLINE_P

Shafi.

* Re: Typo in internals
@ 2009-10-23 14:57 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2009-10-23 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mohamed Shafi; +Cc: GCC

Mohamed Shafi <shafitvm@gmail.com> writes:

> The internal doc says :
>
> — Target Hook: bool TARGET_CAN_INLINE_P (tree caller, tree callee)
>
>     This target hook returns false if the caller function cannot
> inline callee, based on target specific information. By default,
> inlining is not allowed if the callee function has function specific
> target options and the caller does not use the same options.
>

> But looking in the sources i think this really should have been
> TARGET_OPTION_CAN_INLINE_P

This is fixed in the development sources:

2009-07-09  DJ Delorie  <dj@redhat.com>

	* targhooks.c (default_target_can_inline_p): Rename from
	default_target_option_can_inline_p.
	* targhooks.h (default_target_can_inline_p): Likewise.
	* target-def.h (TARGET_CAN_INLINE_P): Rename from
	TARGET_OPTION_CAN_INLINE_P.
	* config/i386/i386.c (TARGET_CAN_INLINE_P): Likewise.
	* config/mep/mep.c (TARGET_CAN_INLINE_P): Likewise.
	(mep_target_can_inline_p): Rename from
	mep_target_option_can_inline_p.

I think I would have changed the docs rather than the code, but in any
case it is fixed.

Ian