* How effect the OpenSource EKOPath the GCC ?‏
@ 2011-06-18  9:24 theUser BL
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: theUser BL @ 2011-06-18  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi!

Currently I have nothing about it found in the mailinglist. So I try to ask it: How effect the OpenSource EKOPath the GCC ?

Have a look at the latest press news of PathScale:
http://www.pathscale.com/taxonomy/term/27

Have additional a look at this articls of phronix:
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=pathscale_ekopath4_open&num=1
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=OTU2OA

The important things:
EKOPath will be step by step opend. First published opend code you can find at
https://github.com/path64

At
http://www.pathscale.com/ekopath-compiler-suite
you can download nightly builds.
To compile a helloworld.c program type
$ ~/ekopath-4.0.10/bin/pathcc helloworld.c -o helloworld

You can use different benchmarks. For me it seems, that with EKOPath compiled programs are a lot faster then with GCC.

The only disadvantage is. that currently EKOPath exists only for 64bit systems with x86_64 CPUs.

But how will the OpenSource EKOPath effect GCC?
Can GCC make use of some EKOPath code? (EKOPath itself uses parts of GCC)
Or can GCC learn from it by studying it?

Greatings
theuserbl