Hi Martin and Andrew! On 12/3/22 22:15, Martin Uecker wrote: > Am Samstag, dem 03.12.2022 um 22:03 +0100 schrieb Alejandro Colomar: > ... >> Since we've seen that using a '.' prefix seems to be problematic >> because of lookahead, and recently Michael Matz proposed using a >> different punctuator (he proposed '@') for differentiating parameters >> from struct members, I think going  in that direction may be a good >> idea. >> >> How about '$'? > > I don't see how the lookahead issue has anything to do with the choice > of the symbol. In simple [.identifier] expressions it's not a problem. I was foreseeing more complex expressions, as I suggested earlier. > Here, also with the context would fully disambiguate > between other uses so I do not think there is any issue with using this > syntax.  '$' is much more problematic as people use it in identifiers, > '@' may cause confusion with objective C. On 12/3/22 22:13, Andrew Pinski wrote: > $ is a GNU extension for identifiers already. > Seehttps://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-12.2.0/gcc/Dollar-Signs.html#Dollar-Signs > > Thanks, > Andrew > Hmmm, I see. '$' is too bad. '@' is confusing. I think I'll keep the '.' for now then, and assume that there's a high possibility that we'll never have complex expressions with it. > > Martin > Thanks you! Cheers, Alex --