* -O3 and new optimizations in 4.4.0
@ 2009-04-23 17:09 David Ronis
From: David Ronis @ 2009-04-23 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

From the info pages it seems that the new optimizations,
-floop-interchange, -floop-strip-mine, and -floop-block, are NOT turned
on when -O3 is specified.  Is this correct and if so, why aren't they?

David

* Re: -O3 and new optimizations in 4.4.0
@ 2009-04-23 21:10 Kate Minola
From: Kate Minola @ 2009-04-23 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: joseph

On Thu, 23 Apr 2009, Joseph S. Myers wrote:

> Because the behavior of -O3 must not depend on whether optional libraries
> are linked into GCC, and we did not decide to make PPL and CLooG required
> to build GCC, so -O3 cannot enable any optimizations using optional
> libraries.

Ok, I am confused.  You imply that PPL and CLooG are NOT required to
build GCC, yet

     http://gcc.gnu.org/install/prerequisites.html

lists them as prerequisites to a build.

Who is correct?