* p2aligns differ according to compiler build "host"
@ 1998-12-12 15:26 N8TM
From: N8TM @ 1998-12-12 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

After sending out a comment about some strangeness of p2aligns, I checked what
happens with egcs-2.92.27 built with --host=i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1 and
binutils-2.9.1.  The strange treatment which I commented on (from cygwin
builds) was not repeated in the gnulibc1 build.  Maybe that accounts partly
for programs running slightly faster under linux.

BTW, listings obtained using -g -c -Wa,-adhl with binutils-2.9.1 have direct
correspondence between disassembled mnemonics and hex code, unlike the ones
obtained with binutils supplied with cygwin-b20.1, which supposedly have a
newer egcs-recommended version of binutils.  Those listings  typically have a
mis-match by 2 lines between the hex code and the mnemonics.

only message in thread, other threads:[~1998-12-12 15:26 UTC | newest]