[Third try. Apparently the compressed dump was still too big to get through] So I got fed up with trying to navigate gengtype maze of type_p, pair_p and others and trying to figure out the difference between GC_POINTED_TO and GC_USED and what is so "maybe" about GC_MAYBE_POINTED_TO, thus I extended gengtype to dump its data structures representing GCC data types and variables. I wanted to attach an example dump it produced but it is about 350K compressed and so it's too big for this mailing list.  It's not perfect since I did depth-first processing and the very first type goes very deep indeed by pulling virtually all of the remaining types and taking perhaps 80% of the output. However it is already much more usable and greppable for looking into interesting types than trying to do the same in GDB. I will commit this to gc-improv branch shortly. I think this is interesting enough to have on the trunk too and I will submit together with some other patches from gc-improv in couple of weeks. Any comments? -- Laurynas -- Laurynas