Hi, I'm trying to understand a few implementation details of gcc for implementing a new warning. For that, I first read the GCC manual [1]. [1]: However, that manual has nothing about internals, such as 'LangEnabledBy()'. Then I checked what's in the root of the repo to see what I can read: $ ls ABOUT-NLS config-ml.in libcody libvtv COPYING config.guess libcpp ltgcc.m4 COPYING.LIB config.rpath libdecnumber ltmain.sh COPYING.RUNTIME config.sub libffi lto-plugin COPYING3 configure libgcc ltoptions.m4 COPYING3.LIB configure.ac libgfortran ltsugar.m4 ChangeLog contrib libgo ltversion.m4 ChangeLog.jit depcomp libgomp lt~obsolete.m4 ChangeLog.tree-ssa fixincludes libiberty maintainer-scripts INSTALL gcc libitm missing MAINTAINERS gnattools libobjc mkdep Makefile.def gotools liboffloadmic mkinstalldirs Makefile.in include libphobos move-if-change Makefile.tpl install-sh libquadmath multilib.am README intl libsanitizer symlink-tree ar-lib libada libssp test-driver c++tools libatomic libstdc++-v3 ylwrap compile libbacktrace libtool-ldflags zlib config libcc1 libtool.m4 The only interesting file seems to be the README. Let's see what it says: > The directory INSTALL contains copies of the installation information > as HTML and plain text. The source of this information is > gcc/doc/install.texi. The installation information includes details > of what is included in the GCC sources and what files GCC installs. > > See the file gcc/doc/gcc.texi (together with other files that it > includes) for usage and porting information. An online readable > version of the manual is in the files gcc/doc/gcc.info*. Okay, let's see the online readable version of the manual: $ ls gcc/doc/gcc.info* ls: cannot access 'gcc/doc/gcc.info*': No such file or directory No files with that glob(7). BTW, it might be interesting to provide that manual in a package, so that I could install it as something like: apt-get install gcc-doc-internal Cheers, Alex --