From: N8TM@aol.com
To: egcs@cygnus.com
Subject: 19980707 built on win95/i686-pc-cygwin32
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 00:33:00 -0000	[thread overview]

configure suggests i586-pc-cygwin32, would that be better?  Under linux and NT
it selects i686.

I added #undef HAVE_INTTYPES_H and copied <wchar.h> to  <wctype.h>

gcc and g77 appear to run OK but:

there were additional warnings which I don't see in builds for other systems,
including winnt.

There were stage2 to stage3 bootstrap comparison failures.

Unlike the PPro, egcs is not as fast on Pentium II as gcc-2.8.1/g77-0.5.23.

Build is reasonably fast on win95, even though the win95/cygwin combination
slows everything down.  NT takes several times as long, both with 64MB, which
must not be enough on NT.

Let me know if there is interest in any of the build gripes, and what details
you want.