* [gSoc] [graphite] general plan for Automatic parallelization in   Graphite
@ 2009-04-22 18:48 Li Feng
From: Li Feng @ 2009-04-22 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GCC; +Cc: Tobias Grosser, Sebastian, Razya Ladelsky, konrad.trifunovic

Hi,

It's nice that the proposal 'Automatic parallelization in Graphite'
is accepted. Which means I will be working with great Graphtie
developers this summer, and trying to implement the project .

I have set up a blog for this project, which will mainly about this
project: 1. plans 2. what I have done 3. related Graphite internals
You can subscribe to it if you like:
http://summergraphite.blogspot.com/

Here is a general plan for this project, keep you in loop,
and feel free to comment :)

 1. Mark the innermost loop parallel  [done]

 2. Try to schedule autopar pass after Graphite, and enable
     code generation if flag_graphite_force_parallel is set
         - There should be some discussion with Razya about
           her plan about the autopar part
         - But before that, I'll try to schedule autopar first

 3. I may try to write testcases for the loops that should be
     parallel, from simple to hard, and check autopar's code
     generation part, make sure this works correctly as we
     expected.
         - The testcases is important. There should be some
           detailed discussion maybe with Sebastian and Konrad.
           To see what kind of loop we can/decide to handle.
         - Check autopar's code generation with
           flag_graphite_force_parallel set with these testcases,
           report bugs if it goes wrong.

 4. Try to write code for deciding if a loop can be parallel
     with data dependency test under this polyhedral model.
        - Try to understand the interface of data dependency test
        - Write code, if data dependency success, mark the loop parallel

Cheers,
Li

* Re: [gSoc] [graphite] general plan for Automatic parallelization  in Graphite
@ 2009-04-23 15:08 ` Tobias Grosser
From: Tobias Grosser @ 2009-04-23 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi Alex,

On Wed, 2009-04-22 at 08:19 -0700, Alex Turjan wrote:
> Are there any plans to move the partial unrolling phase from
> RTL to Tree-SSA?
> The move would benefit from better (or easier to implement) Tree-SSA alias analysis.

We thought about loop unrolling in graphite.
It seems to be an interesting project and definitely possible in
general.
But at the moment I do not know of anybody who is working on this. So it
is an open project. If you want to work on this we will definitely
support you. ;-)

Tobi

@ 2009-04-22 20:20 Alex Turjan
From: Alex Turjan @ 2009-04-22 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)