Hi Joseph! On 11/14/22 18:52, Joseph Myers wrote: > On Sun, 13 Nov 2022, Alejandro Colomar via Gcc wrote: > >> Maybe allowing integral types and pointers would be enough. However, >> foreseeing that the _Lengthof() proposal (BTW, which paper was it?) will >> succeed, and combining it with this one, _Lengthof(pointer) would ideally give >> the length of the array, so allowing pointers would conflict. > > Do you mean N2529 Romero, New pointer-proof keyword to determine array > length? Yes, that's it! Thanks. > To quote the convenor in WG14 reflector message 18575 (17 Nov > 2020) when I asked about its status, "The author asked me not to put those > on the agenda. He will supply updated versions later.". Since his email is not in the paper, would you mind forwarding him this suggestion of mine of renaming it to avoid confusion with string lengths? Or maybe point him to the mailing list discussion[1]? [1]: Cheers, Alex --