在 2020/11/27 上午7:50, Jonathan Wakely via Gcc 写道: > I've touched on the subject a few times, e.g. > https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc/2019-December/230993.html > and https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc/2019-December/231013.html > > Libstdc++ code is indented by 2 columns for the enclosing namespace, > usually another two for being in a template, and is full of __ > prefixes for reserved names. On top of that, modern C++ declarations > are *noisy* (template head, requires-clause, noexcept-specifier, often > 'constexpr' or 'inline' and 'explicit', and maybe some attributes. > > All that gets hard to fit in 80 columns without compromising > readability with line breaks in unnatural places. > I think I want to vote +1 for this. On my 1920x1080 laptop screen with an 11pt monospace font, 100 colons allows me to open two terminals side by side, while still providing 3 colons for line numbers. On a larger desktop screen with a 10pt font it'd be 132 colomns, but more often I find lines longer than 110 characters hard to read, so I agree with 100 (but I suggest making it a 'recommended limit' instead of a 'hard limit' anyway). There was a small fragment of code in : > if (present) > ptr > = gfc_build_conditional_assign_expr (block, present, > ptr, nullarg); Why not change this to: > if (present) > ptr = gfc_build_conditional_assign_expr ( > block, present, ptr, nullarg); > I think it looks balanced and way more comfortable, and doesn't waste much leading space. -- Best regards, LH_Mouse