* On rms controversy
@ 2021-04-14  5:53 pawel k.
From: pawel k. @ 2021-04-14  5:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hello,
Im multiyear gcc user on many targets. I love the project and wish it all
the best.
Im also senior c/cpp and linux sw devel with 20 years of experience.

Im observing an rms controversy from some perspective and here are my
thoughts:
-you didnt base attack on real data but allegations. Additionally falsified
ones.
-nobody asked rms whether he retracts and indeed he does on some and
clarify on others.
-part of fsf is rotten by far left mental virus parasite. See gad saads
book on the topic.
-basically rms didnt do what he was alleged he did.
-nobody gave him way to defend like in legal process.
-he is back and he should stay.
-those who attacked him baselessly and thoughtlessly should disappear in
shame and their names should be on gcc and fsf front pages linked shamelist.
-rms is heavily autistic as some may know and he might not have perfect
judgmental powers over his words.
-last but not least all far left snowflakes of you assuming guilt and
barring one from defence, please f off and f you for now.
-possibly some of you wanted to steal his project so as per above big f off
and f you.

That would be it.

Best regards,
Pawel kunio

* Re: On rms controversy
@ 2021-04-14  7:01 ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2021-04-14  7:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pawel.kunio; +Cc: gcc

On Wed, 14 Apr 2021, 07:50 pawel k. via Gcc, <gcc@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

> Hello,
> Im multiyear gcc user on many targets. I love the project and wish it all
> the best.
> Im also senior c/cpp and linux sw devel with 20 years of experience.
>
> Im observing an rms controversy from some perspective and here are my
> thoughts:
> -you didnt base attack on real data but allegations. Additionally falsified
> ones.
> -nobody asked rms whether he retracts and indeed he does on some and
> clarify on others.
> -part of fsf is rotten by far left mental virus parasite. See gad saads
> book on the topic.
> -basically rms didnt do what he was alleged he did.
> -nobody gave him way to defend like in legal process.
> -he is back and he should stay.
> -those who attacked him baselessly and thoughtlessly should disappear in
> shame and their names should be on gcc and fsf front pages linked
> shamelist.
> -rms is heavily autistic as some may know and he might not have perfect
> judgmental powers over his words.
> -last but not least all far left snowflakes of you assuming guilt and
> barring one from defence, please f off and f you for now.
> -possibly some of you wanted to steal his project so as per above big f off
> and f you.

Very logical argument, thanks for sharing.

* Re: On rms controversy
@ 2021-04-14  7:13 ` Franz Fehringer
From: Franz Fehringer @ 2021-04-14  7:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Very good!

Am 14.04.2021 um 07:53 schrieb pawel k. via Gcc:
> Hello,
> Im multiyear gcc user on many targets. I love the project and wish it all
> the best.
> Im also senior c/cpp and linux sw devel with 20 years of experience.
>
> Im observing an rms controversy from some perspective and here are my
> thoughts:
> -you didnt base attack on real data but allegations. Additionally falsified
> ones.
> -nobody asked rms whether he retracts and indeed he does on some and
> clarify on others.
> -part of fsf is rotten by far left mental virus parasite. See gad saads
> book on the topic.
> -basically rms didnt do what he was alleged he did.
> -nobody gave him way to defend like in legal process.
> -he is back and he should stay.
> -those who attacked him baselessly and thoughtlessly should disappear in
> shame and their names should be on gcc and fsf front pages linked shamelist.
> -rms is heavily autistic as some may know and he might not have perfect
> judgmental powers over his words.
> -last but not least all far left snowflakes of you assuming guilt and
> barring one from defence, please f off and f you for now.
> -possibly some of you wanted to steal his project so as per above big f off
> and f you.
>
> That would be it.
>
> Best regards,
> Pawel kunio

* Re: On rms controversy
@ 2021-04-14 12:38   ` David Malcolm
From: David Malcolm @ 2021-04-14 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Wakely, pawel.kunio; +Cc: gcc

On Wed, 2021-04-14 at 08:01 +0100, Jonathan Wakely via Gcc wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Apr 2021, 07:50 pawel k. via Gcc, <gcc@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

[...snip...]

> Very logical argument, thanks for sharing.

Jonathan, it's clear to me that you're being sarcastic, but it might
not be clear to others.  Please avoid sarcasm - it amplifies
misunderstanding on the internet, and it seems to me that that's
counterproductive when discussing a sensitive topic.

I disagree with much of what Pawel wrote, but this discussion has left
me feeling drained.  I don't have the mental energy to do a point-by-
point response, and I don't think it would be a productive thing to
post to this mailing list.

We all care about GCC, and we're all human.

Dave

* Re: On rms controversy
@ 2021-04-14 13:51     ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2021-04-14 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Malcolm; +Cc: pawel.kunio, gcc

On Wed, 14 Apr 2021 at 13:38, David Malcolm wrote:

> On Wed, 2021-04-14 at 08:01 +0100, Jonathan Wakely via Gcc wrote:
> > On Wed, 14 Apr 2021, 07:50 pawel k. via Gcc, <gcc@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:
> >

> [...snip...]
>
> > Very logical argument, thanks for sharing.
>
> Jonathan, it's clear to me that you're being sarcastic, but it might
> not be clear to others.  Please avoid sarcasm - it amplifies
> misunderstanding on the internet, and it seems to me that that's
> counterproductive when discussing a sensitive topic.

For the avoidance of doubt, I was being sarcastic. I didn't think it
was a logical argument, I thought it was one of the worst so far in
this whole clownshow.

> I disagree with much of what Pawel wrote, but this discussion has left
> me feeling drained.  I don't have the mental energy to do a point-by-
> point response, and I don't think it would be a productive thing to
> post to this mailing list.

Which is why I went for sarcasm instead.

* Re: On rms controversy
@ 2021-04-14 14:10       ` pawel k.
From: pawel k. @ 2021-04-14 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Wakely; +Cc: David Malcolm, gcc

Thank You Jonathan for your very valuable opinions. I was sure the more far
lefty you are the less you will understand me, if my assumptions about your
worldviews are correct. If not apologies. Ill review your previous stance
on rms mess and explain.

Ill reply with a quote from one of my tee shirts:

"Your story has truly touched my heart. Never before have i met a person
with as many problems as you. Now [edited] go away and stop bothering me."

Aka i value your opinion but instead of critique you say "youre stupid"
awaiting for me to say "no, you are stupid" which i wont do as im not as
low clown as kindly you. Enough toying with unlogical clown of you as you
were kind to call me.

Best regards,
Kunio

Ps i share some trait with rms if that mattered to a clown in a clown show.

śr., 14.04.2021, 15:51 użytkownik Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@gmail.com>

@ 2021-04-14 14:17         ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2021-04-14 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pawel.kunio; +Cc: David Malcolm, gcc

On Wed, 14 Apr 2021 at 15:10, pawel k. wrote:

> Thank You Jonathan for your very valuable opinions. I was sure the more far lefty you are the less you will understand me, if my assumptions about your worldviews are correct. If not apologies. Ill review your previous stance on rms mess and explain.

I'm not sure what my politics have to do with this.

> Ill reply with a quote from one of my tee shirts:
>
> "Your story has truly touched my heart. Never before have i met a person with as many problems as you. Now [edited] go away and stop bothering me."
>
> Aka i value your opinion but instead of critique you say "youre stupid"

No, I said your email made weak arguments. I did not make any
statement about you personally, only your email.

> awaiting for me to say "no, you are stupid" which i wont do as im not as low clown as kindly you. Enough toying with unlogical clown of you as you were kind to call me.

I described the past few weeks as "this whole clownshow". That is also
not a personal statement about you.

Get offended if you want, but don't put words in my mouth.

* Re: On rms controversy
@ 2021-04-14 14:22           ` pawel k.
From: pawel k. @ 2021-04-14 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Wakely; +Cc: David Malcolm, gcc

Ok i might have to retract on some of those i unnevessaily got personal. F
course i didnt intend to put not your words into your mouth.

As on your politics for sure it matters though as snowflakes got so
diverged off into murky partition of world where they no longer understand
basic wording and respect most basic values that used to be bipartisan so
to say. I hope this one reached the target and rightly so. Read parasitic
mind if you wanna get less stupid than me on leftism/rightism spectrum.
On this one: sorry but not sorry.

Regards,
Kunio

śr., 14.04.2021, 16:17 użytkownik Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@gmail.com>