* Re: v850 branch status
       [not found]     ` <mailman.1025637060.31634.gcc-local@ges.redhat.com>
@ 2002-07-02 16:46       ` Geoff Keating
From: Geoff Keating @ 2002-07-02 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin M. Hunt; +Cc: gcc

"Martin M. Hunt" <hunt@redhat.com> writes:

> On Tuesday 02 July 2002 12:04 pm, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> > > GCC requires a later version than the one checked into devo?
> >
> > Yup.  And, guess what: the later version depends on autoconf 2.5x :-(
> >
> > I think Synk had merged some bits of net texinfo into devo (branch?)
> > to be able to build GCC.  Synk, do I misremember?
>
> So what am I supposed to do here?  We can't send the customers a toolchain
> that doesn't compile when they type "make".  Perhaps we disable building the
> docs?

I don't think you can disable building the docs, customers usually
prefer releases that come with documentation.

You'll have to fix the problem.  Upgrade texinfo in devo to the
version that net gcc requires.  If that means we have to have two
autoconf versions in maintainer-tools, then we have to do that.  If
upgrading texinfo breaks other info files, fix them, and feed the
results back.

--
- Geoffrey Keating <geoffk@geoffk.org> <geoffk@redhat.com>

* Re: v850 branch status
@ 2002-07-02 16:54         ` Geoff Keating
From: Geoff Keating @ 2002-07-02 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Sigh.  Y'all can ignore that message, it doesn't contain any
confidential or interesting information.

--
- Geoffrey Keating <geoffk@geoffk.org> <geoffk@redhat.com>