* negating -include on the command line
@ 2003-12-15 18:19 Benjamin Kosnik
From: Benjamin Kosnik @ 2003-12-15 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

I've got a CPP and testsuite question: is there a way to do something like:

g++ -include bits/stdc++.h -noinclude bits/stdc++.h foo.cc?

This is a contrived example.

Ie, I'm interested in setting up a bunch of testcases (libstd++
testsuite) that run with certain, defined flags (including the '-include
bits/stdc++.h' bit above). However, on some select files, I'd like to
pass in an extra flag that removes the pch file from the compilation
line.

How do I do this?

thanks,
benjamin

* Re: negating -include on the command line
@ 2003-12-15 21:43 ` Geoff Keating
From: Geoff Keating @ 2003-12-15 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Benjamin Kosnik; +Cc: gcc

Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz@redhat.com> writes:

> I've got a CPP and testsuite question: is there a way to do something like:
>
> g++ -include bits/stdc++.h -noinclude bits/stdc++.h foo.cc?
>
> This is a contrived example.
>
> Ie, I'm interested in setting up a bunch of testcases (libstd++
> testsuite) that run with certain, defined flags (including the '-include
> bits/stdc++.h' bit above). However, on some select files, I'd like to
> pass in an extra flag that removes the pch file from the compilation
> line.
>
> How do I do this?

No, there's no way to do this at present.

--
- Geoffrey Keating <geoffk@geoffk.org>

* Re: negating -include on the command line
@ 2003-12-16  0:52 ` Devang Patel
From: Devang Patel @ 2003-12-16  0:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Benjamin Kosnik; +Cc: gcc

On Dec 15, 2003, at 9:23 AM, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

> I've got a CPP and testsuite question: is there a way to do something
> like:
>
> g++ -include bits/stdc++.h -noinclude bits/stdc++.h foo.cc?
>
> This is a contrived example.
>
> Ie, I'm interested in setting up a bunch of testcases (libstd++
> testsuite) that run with certain, defined flags (including the
> '-include
> bits/stdc++.h' bit above). However, on some select files, I'd like to
> pass in an extra flag that removes the pch file from the compilation
> line.

If you want to remove use of stdc++.h PCH in a compilation then you
can try something like this...

1) create empty header empty_header.h
2) create PCH for empty_header.h
3) g++ -include empty_header.h -include bits/stdc++.h foo.cc

g++ will use 'empty' PCH for empty_header.h and it will not use
PCH for stdc++.h

not sure if use of empty PCH fits in your requirements or not

--
Devang