* Re: Problems building egcs 1.1.2 on HPUX 10.20 & 11.00
@ 1999-05-20 14:30 Graham Gilmore
From: Graham Gilmore @ 1999-05-20 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

	Thanks for your suggestions, I got egcs built on HPUX 11.00 after
moving gas to $prefix/lib/gcc-lib/hppa1.1-hp-hpux11.00/egcs-2.91.66, and
using the --with-gnu-as option on the configure command line.
	The 10.20 build will have to wait until later, but I am hopeful
that the same solution will apply.
	If only I had asked last week :)

	Thanks again,

	Graham Gilmore

* Re: Problems building egcs 1.1.2 on HPUX 10.20 & 11.00
@ 1999-05-31 21:36 ` Graham Gilmore

From: Graham Gilmore @ 1999-05-31 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

	Hi, I'm trying to build egcs 1.1.2 on these two versions of HPUX,
but I just can't seem to get it to happen.  I have followed the
platform-specific recommendations for HPUX (built & installed a recent
binutils, applied sed patch for 10.20), but the compile nevertheless fails.
	At the moment on HPUX 11.00 I'm using HP's ansi c compiler (they
call it version A.11.00.00).  While compiling the 1st stage compiler I get
a lot of "line 0: warning 2021" from the preprocessor with no explanatory
text (and I couldn't find any reference to in their online help :[), among
other warnings, and then while linking cc1, it encounters an "unexpected
end of file in alias.o".
	On HPUX 10.20 I had worse problems, but at the moment our 10.20
machine is undergoing some overhauls so I can't provide any detailed info
about it, but I seem to recall the HP compiler seg faulting during the
compile.
	I have previously built egcs on solaris 2.5 and linux 2.2.4 without
(difficult) problems.

	If someone who has successfully compiled egcs 1.1.2 on HPUX 10.20
or 11.00 could tell me what they had to do to configure the system properly
to get it to compile, I'd really appreciate it.

	Graham Gilmore

* Re: Problems building egcs 1.1.2 on HPUX 10.20 & 11.00
@ 1999-05-31 21:36   ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 1999-05-31 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Graham Gilmore; +Cc: egcs

  In message < l03130301b368a89c02f9@[193.77.49.62] >you write:
  > 	Hi, I'm trying to build egcs 1.1.2 on these two versions of HPUX,
  > but I just can't seem to get it to happen.  I have followed the
  > platform-specific recommendations for HPUX (built & installed a recent
  > binutils, applied sed patch for 10.20), but the compile nevertheless fails.
  > 	At the moment on HPUX 11.00 I'm using HP's ansi c compiler (they
  > call it version A.11.00.00).
We do not currently support hpux11.

  > 	On HPUX 10.20 I had worse problems, but at the moment our 10.20
  > machine is undergoing some overhauls so I can't provide any detailed info
  > about it, but I seem to recall the HP compiler seg faulting during the
  > compile.
Please get us this info as soon as you can.  egcs should work just fine on
hpux10.20 (in fact, I do most of my development on hpux10.20 systems).

jeff

* Re: Problems building egcs 1.1.2 on HPUX 10.20 & 11.00
@ 1999-05-20  1:20 ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 1999-05-20  1:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Graham Gilmore; +Cc: egcs

@ 1999-05-19 12:13 Graham Gilmore