* egcs and glibc 2.1
@ 1997-11-24 12:21 H.J. Lu
From: H.J. Lu @ 1997-11-24 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ulrich Drepper; +Cc: GNU C Library, egcs

I have managed to compile egcs with the latest glibc 2.1. I have
to patch both glibc 2.1 and egcs to do that. I have sent my
glibc 2.1 patch to the glibc mailing list. Basically I use
an unused field in _IO_FILE to record the vtable offset since
the new _IO_FILE is bigger than the old one. There is some overhead
in glibc. But it seems work fine with iostream in egcs.

--
H.J. Lu (hjl@gnu.org)

* Re: egcs and glibc 2.1
@ 1997-11-10 16:08 ` Ulrich Drepper
From: Ulrich Drepper @ 1997-11-10 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: H.J. Lu; +Cc: egcs

hjl@lucon.org (H.J. Lu) writes:

> I'd like to see libio in egcs supports libio from libc 5.x, glibc 2.0.5
> and glibc 2.1 under linux. It is a very tricky stuff.

Me as well and this is why I want to dig out some of my old patches
which use whatever libio.h file is locally installed.  The distributed
version should only be used if the libc does not use libio.

-- Uli
---------------.      drepper at gnu.org  ,-.   Rubensstrasse 5
Ulrich Drepper  \    ,-------------------'   \  76149 Karlsruhe/Germany

* egcs and glibc 2.1
@ 1997-11-10 14:57 H.J. Lu
From: H.J. Lu @ 1997-11-10 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs; +Cc: Ulrich Drepper

FYI, the incompatible changes to libio in the current glibc 2.1 is
broken in such a way that even if it is fixed, it may be still not
compatible with libio in egcs.

H.J. Lu (hjl@gnu.ai.mit.edu)