* egcs 1.0.2 fails on alpha-redhat-linux-gnu
@ 1998-03-18 14:08 Stephen Williams
From: Stephen Williams @ 1998-03-18 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

Sorry in advance if this is a repeat, I didn't see my previous post come
back, so I think it got lost.

I configured without any parameters, config.status contains:

#!/bin/sh
# This file was generated automatically by configure.  Do not edit.
# This directory was configured as follows:
/usr/local/src/egcs-1.0.2/configure --host=alphaev5-unknown-linux-gnu --norecursion
#  using "/usr/local/src/egcs-1.0.2/config/mt-linux"

The C compiler seems to work fine, I've compiled and run a 2.1.89 kernel with
it. However, G++ seems to be hosed. I get a lot of warnings about
__exception_info fom stl header files, and the assembler blows up. Included
below are a log of a compile of one of my projects.

I may need to upgrade my binutils

	icarus.icarus.com % rpm -q binutils
	binutils-2.8.1.0.1-1

if someone tells me hich versions would work and where I can get them.
I can also send a preprocessed .i file, although it seems like an environmental
problem and I'll save the bandwidth until someone asks.
steve@icarus.com              But I have promises to keep,
steve@picturel.com            and lines to code before I sleep,

* Re: egcs 1.0.2 fails on alpha-redhat-linux-gnu
@ 1998-03-18 22:03 ` H.J. Lu
From: H.J. Lu @ 1998-03-18 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Williams; +Cc: egcs

> This is a multipart MIME message.
>
> --==_Exmh_102903331360
>
> Sorry in advance if this is a repeat, I didn't see my previous post come
> back, so I think it got lost.
>
> I configured without any parameters, config.status contains:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> # This file was generated automatically by configure.  Do not edit.
> # This directory was configured as follows:
> /usr/local/src/egcs-1.0.2/configure --host=alphaev5-unknown-linux-gnu --norecursion
> #  using "/usr/local/src/egcs-1.0.2/config/mt-linux"
>
> The C compiler seems to work fine, I've compiled and run a 2.1.89 kernel with
> it. However, G++ seems to be hosed. I get a lot of warnings about
> __exception_info fom stl header files, and the assembler blows up. Included
> below are a log of a compile of one of my projects.
>
> I may need to upgrade my binutils
>
> 	icarus.icarus.com % rpm -q binutils
> 	binutils-2.8.1.0.1-1

I have no problems with egcs 1.0.2 on RedHat 5.0/alpha. But
I am using binutils 2.8.1.0.23.

H.J.