From: Andi Kleen <andi@firstfloor.org>
To: Kevin Polulak <kpolulak@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Questions Regarding DWARF
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2011 13:13:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Kevin Polulak <kpolulak@gmail.com> writes:

> I've tried to gain some knowledge by digging through the GCC source
> but haven't come up with much other than the values of the DW_*
> constants which isn't that important. Are there any files in
> particular I should be looking at?

From the gcc internals manual:

 * Debugging information output

     This is run after final because it must output the stack slot
     offsets for pseudo registers that did not get hard registers.
     Source files are `dbxout.c' for DBX symbol table format,
     `sdbout.c' for SDB symbol table format, `dwarfout.c' for DWARF
     symbol table format, files `dwarf2out.c' and `dwarf2asm.c' for
     DWARF2 symbol table format, and `vmsdbgout.c' for VMS debug symbol
     table format.

-Andi