* Parallelization of tokenizer in GCC!!!
@ 2010-02-26 18:07 vivhari
From: vivhari @ 2010-02-26 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help, gccadmin, gcc

Dear Sirs/Madams,

I am doing a project on Cell Broadband Engine
to parallelize the tokenization process of a given C program.

As we are done with the tokenization part we want it to replace the
tokenization part of
an open source compiler.

I mean the compiler that can run in Cell BE environment(ppu-gcc).

If any of you would be able to help me locate the tokenization part of GCC and
the input / output format for tokenizer part of GCC, it would be very
useful to us.

Thanks in Advance

Regards
Vivek

* Re: Parallelization of tokenizer in GCC!!!
@ 2010-02-26 20:59 ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2010-02-26 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: vivhari; +Cc: gcc

Vivek> If any of you would be able to help me locate the tokenization
Vivek> part of GCC and the input / output format for tokenizer part of
Vivek> GCC, it would be very useful to us.

Tokenization is handled by the preprocessor, see the libcpp directory.

The input is just files.  There isn't really any "output format", it
just returns tokens to the caller.  But perhaps I misunderstand what you
are asking for here.

Tom