* Two new info files: hacking vmintegration
@ 2005-07-18 14:04 Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2005-07-18 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Tromey, java; +Cc: gcc

This weekend 4.1 snapshot installs two new info files, hacking.info and
vmintegration.info.

I believe these are related to the classpath import last week.  Do we
really want/need these installed as part of a regular GCC install?  If
so, are the names sufficiently conflict-free?  What happens, if someone
installs classpath as well as GCC 4.1?

I've got now preference either way, just wanting to make sure everyone
is aware of and in agreement with this.

Gerald

* Re: Two new info files: hacking vmintegration
@ 2005-07-18 16:58 ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2005-07-18 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerald Pfeifer; +Cc: java, gcc

Gerald> This weekend 4.1 snapshot installs two new info files,
Gerald> hacking.info and vmintegration.info.

Gerald> I believe these are related to the classpath import last week.
Gerald> Do we really want/need these installed as part of a regular
Gerald> GCC install?

We don't want these.  I'll disable this one way or another.
I have a few other minor cleanup fixes from this merge too; I'll get
them all in soon (this week).

Tom

* Re: Two new info files: hacking vmintegration
@ 2005-07-19 14:11   ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2005-07-19 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Tromey; +Cc: java, gcc

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005, Tom Tromey wrote:
>> his weekend 4.1 snapshot installs two new info files,
>> hacking.info and vmintegration.info.
> We don't want these.  I'll disable this one way or another.

Great, thanks.

> I have a few other minor cleanup fixes from this merge too; I'll get
> them all in soon (this week).

I don't know whether this is your list already, but I found that GCC
now creates a new empty directory $PREFIX/share/classpath/api/.

Gerald