* How to stop GCC from searching for components in --prefix on Windows host?
@ 2004-09-22 16:59 E. Weddington
From: E. Weddington @ 2004-09-22 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hello!

I regularly build GCC for the AVR target on a Windows host
(--host=mingw32) usually with some configured --prefix=X. The binary
toolset is redistributed to other users who typically don't install it
in X. There have been some problems where X on the build machine is on a
particular drive, and on the install machine X is on a drive with
removable media, then GCC sometimes craps out and doesn't properly
locate all the components. Is there some way to get GCC to *not* search
for components in the configured prefix, but preserve its other search
rules?

In looking through the manual, I found the GCC_EXEC_PREFIX environment
variable. Though some users have reported that using this doesn't
completely solve the problem (and personally I'm not totally convinced
that it doesn't solve the problem). Is it correct that using
GCC_EXEC_PREFIX will cause GCC to look there first and then continue
with the rest of the search (--prefix, PATH, etc.)?

Is there something in the manuals that I'm overlooking?

If it requires patching the source, then could someone point out which
source code module/functions to take a look at?

(Please CC me in your reply as it's difficult for me to reply to digest
versions of the gcc list that I receive.)

Thanks for your time and help.
Eric