* New port IA64 VMS and updated Alpha/VMS
@ 2009-07-21 16:11 Douglas B Rupp
From: Douglas B Rupp @ 2009-07-21 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

AdaCore has been maintaining the IVMS and AVMS ports for many years and
would like to submit our patches.

The patches consolidate the common parts of AVMS and IVMS into a new
config/vms directory. Since IVMS is a new port I believe the rules allow
it to be submitted all at once, but it does requires removing files from
the AVMS directory for the consolidation, plus makes quite a few dwarf2
debug changes and a few libiberty changes.

I would like some guidance on how best to do it.
FYI the IVMS patch is 5000 lines, the AVMS patch is about 2500 lines.

1) submit the target independent bits and pieces first then the
configure bits.

2) submit the configure bits first, which will probably break the VMS
ports for a while until the other bits are incorporated.

--Douglas Rupp

* Re: New port IA64 VMS and updated Alpha/VMS
@ 2009-07-21 16:29 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2009-07-21 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Douglas B Rupp; +Cc: gcc

Douglas B Rupp <rupp@gnat.com> writes:

> 1) submit the target independent bits and pieces first then the
> configure bits.

This seems like the right approach to me.

Ian