* What's the best way of including extra files for gcc lib dir?
@ 2005-07-17 23:27 Kean Johnston
From: Kean Johnston @ 2005-07-17 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi All,

What is the best way of including target-specific files in the
version-specific gcc library directory? I need to include a
file that will be referenced from LINK_SPEC as "gcc.map%s".
IE, in the same place the startup files are located. So
really I need to know two things:
1) How to I persuade the GCC makefile to install it, and
2) Whats the best place to put it in the source tree?

Bear inmind this must be available during bootstrapping too.

I suspect it may require additions to "extra_parts" in config.gcc,
and then suitable rules for creating it in the t-* fragment.
Is this correct? Is it acceptable for that t-* fragment to
do something like:

gcc.map: $(srcdir)/config/i386/gcc.map
   -rm -f gcc.map
   -cp -f $(srcdir)/config/i386/gcc.map $@

Any help / advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kean

* Re: What's the best way of including extra files for gcc lib dir?
@ 2005-07-18  5:45 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2005-07-18  5:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jkj; +Cc: gcc

Kean Johnston <jkj@sco.com> writes:

> What is the best way of including target-specific files in the
> version-specific gcc library directory? I need to include a
> file that will be referenced from LINK_SPEC as "gcc.map%s".
> IE, in the same place the startup files are located. So
> really I need to know two things:
> 1) How to I persuade the GCC makefile to install it, and

Put it in extra_parts in config.gcc.

> 2) Whats the best place to put it in the source tree?

In the config/CPU directory.

> I suspect it may require additions to "extra_parts" in config.gcc,
> and then suitable rules for creating it in the t-* fragment.
> Is this correct? Is it acceptable for that t-* fragment to
> do something like:
>
> gcc.map: $(srcdir)/config/i386/gcc.map
>    -rm -f gcc.map
>    -cp -f $(srcdir)/config/i386/gcc.map $@