From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr@integrable-solutions.net>
To: gcc@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: GCC-3.3.4 status report
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 15:42:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr@integrable-solutions.net> writes:

| Hi,
|
|   There are 28 PRs  open for GCC-3.3.4.  Among them only 8 are
| considered GCC-3.3.4 regressions only; the remaining PRs are common with
| 3.4.x and mainline.  The hottest regressions for 3.3.4 are
|
|   rtl-optimization/11841
|   rtl-optimization/13653
|
| Eric Botcazou has a proposed fix for 11841.

Eric checked in his proposed fix.

Now, the only hot regression is 13653.  My feeling is that we probably
won't fix it in time for 3.3.4.  For the records, this is a long
standing regression since 3.3.0.

Overall, I think the 3.3.4 compiler has been made better than previous
3.3.x releases.  It also has entered a stage where it is stable.

After 3.3.4, I'm going to make more releases out of the gcc-3_3-branch.
Given the stability we've reached, I'll be applying stricter rules
than I used for 3.3.3 and 3.3.4 (for the record, the previous strategy
enabled us to attain the current good shape).

I'll make the  second (and hopefully the final) prerelease tarballs
tonight.  Then, the branch would be frozen until actual release,
planned for 2004-05-31.

Thanks,

-- Gaby