Eric Botcazou writes: >> Strongly seconded. In private, I've told Marc that the more people >> complain (i.e. filling reports) about their being bitten by >> compile-time perforamnce, the more it is likely that GCC developers >> will eventually care about it. > > It could also be nice to have a new document, linked to from the Projects > page ("Improve compilation speed" or something like that) which records the > various ideas people with a global view on the compiler think could lead to > this goal. Rather semi-precise ideas than "Devise better data structures". And that document should contain links to the PRs or testcases that we have - like the famous bug report by Gerald ;-), Andreas -- Andreas Jaeger, aj@suse.de, http://www.suse.de/~aj SuSE Linux AG, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany GPG fingerprint = 93A3 365E CE47 B889 DF7F FED1 389A 563C C272 A126