* [MAILER-DAEMON@sources.redhat.com] failure notice
@ 2003-02-07 22:15 Gabriel Dos Reis
From: Gabriel Dos Reis @ 2003-02-07 22:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

  I've just discovered by the GCC mailing lists servers are using
"aggressive" filter to block spams.  I've been listed as a spammer
(see below) according to spamcop.net.  I went to the link included in
mail

  http://spamcop.net/w3m?action=checkblock&ip=62.212.99.186

and discovered:

     62.212.99.186 is listed, but should not be.

-- Gaby

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 4891 bytes --]

From: MAILER-DAEMON@sources.redhat.com
To: gdr@integrable-solutions.net
Subject: failure notice
Date: 7 Feb 2003 21:46:05 -0000

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at sources.redhat.com.

<gcc-patches@gcc.gnu.org>:
In an effort to cut down on our spam intake, we block email that is listed
by certain open-relay tracking services. Unfortunately you may have just
discovered the hard way that sometimes non-spam mail gets caught
accidentally.  In most cases you can clear this up by an upgrade to your
mail server or sometimes by getting an erroneous listing removed.
For more information about our use of these lists, see

    http://sources.redhat.com/lists.html#rbls

The IP number that I am denying mail from is 62.212.99.186
The list that you are on is SpamCop.  See:

    http://spamcop.net/bl.shtml?62.212.99.186

for more information about this list and why you are on it.

If you are not actually a "spammer", you can add yourself to
the gcc.gnu.org "global allow list" by sending email
*from*the*blocked*email*address* to:

    global-allow-subscribe-gdr=integrable-solutions.net@gcc.gnu.org

This will enable you to send email without being subjected to
further spam blocking.

If you are actually a spammer then you should think long and hard
about the people you are inconveniencing and come to the conclusion
that what you are doing is both highly annoying and immoral.

Contact gcc-patches-owner@gcc.gnu.org if you have questions about this. (#5.7.2)

Sender: gdr@integrable-solutions.net
To: Wolfgang Bangerth <bangerth@ticam.utexas.edu>
Cc: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>, <gcc-patches@gcc.gnu.org>
Subject: Re: [Patch] Document pitfalls of two-stage name lookup, next revision
From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr@integrable-solutions.net>
Date: 07 Feb 2003 22:45:26 +0100

Wolfgang Bangerth <bangerth@ticam.utexas.edu> writes:

| In a sense we're both poking into the dark somehow, second guessing what a

Being precise about terms isn't "seconding guessing".

| programmer without much experience in C++ would or would not find
| confusing. We're both in a sense language lawyers, so the best would be to
| take a poll among said group. For the meantime...

I think you should be careful about not confusing "being precise about
the names of things" and being a "language lawyer".  I don't assume that
most (C++) programmers will have the C++ standard as their first
book.  However, most programmers will have access to modern C++ texts,
which try not to create confusion.

[...]

| 2003-02-07 Wolfgang Bangerth <bangerth@ticam.utexas.edu>
| 	* doc/trouble.texi: Document pitfalls of two-stage name lookup

OK.

-- Gaby