* byteswap.c and endian.c for gcc?
@ 2005-07-04  5:57 Sung-Gu
From: Sung-Gu @ 2005-07-04  5:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Subject: byteswap.c and endian.c for gcc?

How can I get byteswap.c, endian.c and some related files for an aleady
installed gcc library? The aleady installed gcc is gcc-3.4.2 for sol8 sparc on
www.sunfreeware.com. But there isn't include/bits/varisouc_files.h.  :(

What do I do to fix my problem?

Thanks in advance,

Sung-Gu

* Re: byteswap.c and endian.c for gcc?
@ 2005-07-04  6:01 ` Mike Stump
From: Mike Stump @ 2005-07-04  6:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sung-Gu; +Cc: gcc

On Sunday, July 3, 2005, at 10:57 PM, Sung-Gu wrote:
> How can I get byteswap.c, endian.c and some related files for an aleady
> installed gcc library? The aleady installed gcc is gcc-3.4.2 for sol8
> sparc on
> www.sunfreeware.com. But there isn't include/bits/varisouc_files.h.  :(

Wrong list.  Maybe google knows the answer to your question.

* RE: byteswap.c and endian.c for gcc?
@ 2005-07-04  6:12   ` Sung-Gu
From: Sung-Gu @ 2005-07-04  6:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

I asked Google.  I thinks he doesn't know about that. :(

I thought I might find a specfic directory in gcc sources whether it supports
the files.
I don't want to compile the whole source files. :(

Still wrong list? Sorry then...

@ 2005-07-04 19:29     ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2005-07-04 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sung-Gu; +Cc: gcc

"Sung-Gu" <parksg@contela.com> writes:

> I thought I might find a specfic directory in gcc sources whether it supports
> the files.
> I don't want to compile the whole source files. :(

gcc is just the compiler.  Header files like byteswap.c and endian.c
are part of the system library.  gcc does not provide a system
library.

I don't know where to find those header files for Solaris, but it is
not here.

Ian

* RE: byteswap.c and endian.c for gcc?
@ 2005-07-05  1:15       ` Sung-Gu
From: Sung-Gu @ 2005-07-05  1:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

I have another Linux machine.
And I found the following messages:

$cd /usr/include

$ more endian.h
/* Copyright (C) 1992, 1996, 1997, 2000 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
   This file is part of the GNU C Library.
<snip>
/* This file defines `__BYTE_ORDER' for the particular machine.  */
#include <bits/endian.h>

$more byteswap.h
/* Copyright (C) 1997 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
   This file is part of the GNU C Library.
<snip>
/* Get the machine specific, optimized definitions.  */
#include <bits/byteswap.h>

@ 2005-07-05  3:20         ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2005-07-05  3:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sung-Gu; +Cc: gcc

"Sung-Gu" <parksg@contela.com> writes:

> I have another Linux machine.
> And I found the following messages:
>

> $cd /usr/include
>
> $ more endian.h
> /* Copyright (C) 1992, 1996, 1997, 2000 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>    This file is part of the GNU C Library.

Yes.  gcc is not the GNU C library.  The GNU C library can be found
here:
    http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/

But note that the GNU C library does not run on Solaris.

Also, even if these files were part of gcc, note that this is the
wrong mailing list for these questions.  You should be using gcc-help.
Thanks.

Ian

* RE: byteswap.c and endian.c for gcc?
@ 2005-07-05  9:10       ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2005-07-05  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
>> I thought I might find a specfic directory in gcc sources whether it
>> supports the files. I don't want to compile the whole source files. :(
>
> gcc is just the compiler.  Header files like byteswap.c and endian.c
> are part of the system library.  gcc does not provide a system
> library.
>
> I don't know where to find those header files for Solaris, but it is
> not here.
>
> Ian

  Maybe he could ask at www.sunfreeware.com.  Perhaps
http://www.sunfreeware.com/faq.html#q5 is relevant.  Or even more so,