* Some problems during unzip manula documentation
@ 2003-01-15 19:54 Lanza Piergiorgio
From: Lanza Piergiorgio @ 2003-01-15 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'gcc@gnu.org'

Dear GCC Team,

Thank you for your continue effort in the technical improvmentof your GCC
compiler!!
I'm new on the Linux world but at first glance your documentation is at very
good level and I'm very interessed to work with your compier.
Unfortunatly I have a problem during the unzip the Manuals of GCC (e.g
cpp.ps.gz or something like that).
I have tried with gzip and unzip in Linux environment and, then with WinZip
and WinRar in the Windows 2000 environment but without results: the files
like corrupted. I have also tried to change computer and provider ( at my
job and at my home) but the results it is always the same. Please could you
help me?
Thank you a lot
Regards

Piergiorgio Lanza

* Re: Some problems during unzip manula documentation
@ 2003-01-15 20:14 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2003-01-15 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lanza Piergiorgio; +Cc: 'gcc@gnu.org'

On Jan 15, 2003, Lanza Piergiorgio <planza@to.alespazio.it> wrote:

> Unfortunatly I have a problem during the unzip the Manuals of GCC (e.g
> cpp.ps.gz or something like that).
> I have tried with gzip and unzip in Linux environment and, then with WinZip
> and WinRar in the Windows 2000 environment but without results: the files
> like corrupted.

Hmm...  Some browsers silently decompress .gz files without changing
the extension.  Have a look at cpp.ps.gz and, if it looks like a text
file, it's probably the decompressed Postscript, and you can just
rename it.