Joe Buck writes: > It would be nice if it had an option that would just take the root of > a build tree (the directory in which configure is run), and it then > used, say > find $build_tree -type f -name '*.sum' -print > to find the summary files. This should be quite easy to do. It might even keep on renaming (or just copying) summary and log files, so that e-mail would not be sent if no new failure or unexpected success was introduced. > It could read config.status to get the configure arguments good idea! But the problem of finding out the make arguments, such as CFLAGS and BOOT_CFLAGS remain. Perhaps we could pass FLAGS_TO_PASS to the script, or some subset of it, and assume `make mail_report' will be invoked with the same arguments as `make bootstrap'. I'd still like this script to produce a script, instead of mailing the results directly, because I've got some hosts that are not able to properly send e-mail, but I can always get the script produced by them and run it on another host. I've attached a new version of this script, that is expected to comply with these requirements. -- Alexandre Oliva mailto:oliva@dcc.unicamp.br mailto:aoliva@acm.org http://www.dcc.unicamp.br/~oliva Universidade Estadual de Campinas, SP, Brasil