* Build Error on 3.0
@ 2001-12-06  9:20 Angel Gomez
From: Angel Gomez @ 2001-12-06  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Folks,

I am getting the attached build error when I try to build GCC on Redhat
7.0 (with GCC native compiler), Redhat 6.0 (ditto), and Solaris (also
GCC).

The build script claims the cross-compiler doesn't work. The target is
arm-coff. Do you have any clues?

Thank You,

Angel Gomez

[-- Attachment #2: arm_build_error.txt --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 565 bytes --]

checking for fcntl.h... yes
checking for sys/wait.h that is POSIX.1 compatible... no
checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... no
checking whether errno must be declared... yes
checking whether the C compiler (/home/angel/armgcc/gcc/xgcc -B/home/angel/armgcc/gcc/ -B/usr/local/arm-coff/bin/ -B/usr/local/arm-coff/lib/ -isystem /usr/local/arm-coff/include -g -O2 ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot create executables.
make: *** [configure-target-libiberty] Error 1
[angel@Paradise armgcc]$

* Re: Build Error on 3.0
@ 2001-12-06 10:18 ` Neil Booth
From: Neil Booth @ 2001-12-06 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Angel Gomez; +Cc: gcc

Angel Gomez wrote:-

> configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot create executables.

It sounds like you were ripped off.  You should demand a refund.

Neil.

* Re: Build Error on 3.0
@ 2001-12-06 12:59 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2001-12-06 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: angel; +Cc: gcc

On Dec  6, 2001, Angel Gomez <angel@datatekcorp.com> wrote:

> The build script claims the cross-compiler doesn't work. The target is
> arm-coff. Do you have any clues?

Have you build binutils for that target already?  (probably, otherwise
you'd get failures while building libgcc)

Do you have newlib in the source tree?  (this would cause the problem
at this point; you need newlib build before libiberty)

If you don't want to build a unified tree with binutils, gcc and
newlib, install as much of gcc as you've already got to build, use
that to build newlib, then get back and complete the target-libraries
build.