* Pretty please with sugar on the top
@ 2000-11-13 12:58 Alexander Haväng
From: Alexander Haväng @ 2000-11-13 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hello,

Now that glibc 2.2 is out the door, would it be too much too ask
if we could have a gcc 2.95.3 that can compile c++ programs?
(See the glibc FAQ questions 2.34-2.35 for reference)

Or, is there a fairly stable newer version of gcc that fixes
this?

Even a bunch of patches for 2.95.2 would do I guess, if they
are available at a nice location (the ones listed in the glibc
FAQ are not).

Regards,
Eel - linuxports maintainer

* Re: Pretty please with sugar on the top
@ 2000-11-13 13:54 ` Ross Smith
From: Ross Smith @ 2000-11-13 13:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Alexander Haväng wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Now that glibc 2.2 is out the door, would it be too much too ask
> if we could have a gcc 2.95.3 that can compile c++ programs?
> (See the glibc FAQ questions 2.34-2.35 for reference)

What FAQ? The glibc home page says 2.1.2 is the latest release, and the
FAQ there hasn't been updated since 2.0.5c.

--
Ross Smith <ross.s@ihug.co.nz> The Internet Group, Auckland, New Zealand
    "If computers are tools, why is it me who feels used?" -- NTK

* Re: Pretty please with sugar on the top
@ 2000-11-13 15:06   ` Joe Buck
From: Joe Buck @ 2000-11-13 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ross Smith; +Cc: gcc

Ross Smith writes:
> What FAQ? The glibc home page says 2.1.2 is the latest release, and the
> FAQ there hasn't been updated since 2.0.5c.

The FAQ in the distribution seems to be later than the FAQ on the web.

By the way, can any glibc experts explain the reasons why the changes
are needed?  (It seems that the patch to fix libstc++/libc compatibility
mostly seems to just turn a lot of _IO_fpos_t types into _IO_off_t
types, and _IO_fpos64_t into _IO_off64_t).

* Re: Pretty please with sugar on the top
@ 2000-11-13 20:14 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2000-11-13 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Haväng; +Cc: gcc