* libf2c won't install properly if exec_prefix != prefix
@ 2001-12-02 10:41 Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2001-12-02 10:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Toon Moene; +Cc: gcc

Toon,

This patch:

2001-10-05  Toon Moene  <toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl>

	* Makefile.in: Move libg2c.so and libg2c.{l}a to
	the same directory at install.

broke the libf2c install in case prefix != exec_prefix, in the line below:

  (cd $(libsubdir)/$(MULTISUBDIR) ; mv -f $(LIBG2C_BASE).* $(prefix)/lib))

$(libdir), that you should have used, is $(exec_prefix)/lib, not
$(prefix)/lib.  libraries are machine-dependent, so they go in
exec_prefix.

Anyway, there's more to be fixed about this line.  Do you realize
that, when a library is multilibbed, only the last copy of the library
will survive and, even then, its .la file will point into the multilib
directory, but the library will no longer be there?

I strongly recommend removing this line, but I'm curious about the
reason behind your having introduced it.

Cheers,

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-12-02 18:41 UTC | newest]