* Sparc V9 support yet?
@ 2002-02-22 13:16 ama
From: ama @ 2002-02-22 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Do you folks have Sparc V9 64 bit support in GCC yet?  If so, which
version, and is it compatible with code generated with the Sun compilers?

--Al Amaral--

* Re: Sparc V9 support yet?
@ 2002-02-24  4:20 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2002-02-24  4:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ama; +Cc: gcc

On Feb 22, 2002, ama@ska.East.Sun.COM wrote:

> Do you folks have Sparc V9 64 bit support in GCC yet?

The upcoming GCC 3.1 will hopefully include full support for 64-bit
sparcv9.

FWIW, to the best of my knowledge (which actually falls short on
sparc), the unofficial gcc 2.96 versions included in Red Hat Linux 7.x
also support 64-bit sparcv9.  The reason is that they contain a patch
that was necessary for full compliance with the sparcv9 ABI, but the
patch was deemed to risky for GCC 3.0 by the time it was submitted, so
it had to wait for 3.1.

> If so, which version, and is it compatible with code generated with
> the Sun compilers?

It's supposed to be compatible, yes.  If you run into any
incompatibilities, please let us know.