On Sun, 16 Jun 2024, Martin Uecker wrote: > > > I am trying to understand what check_qualified_type > does exactly. The direct comparison of TYPE_NAMES seems incorrect > for C and its use is c_update_type_canonical then causes > PR114930 and PR115502. In the later function I think > it is not really needed and I guess one could simply remove > it, but I wonder if it works incorrectly in other casesĀ  > too? TYPE_NAMES is compared because IIRC typedefs are recorded as variants and 'const T' isn't the same as 'const int' with typedef int T. Richard.