* GNU OMPD implementation
@ 2021-11-24  4:57 Mohamed Atef
From: Mohamed Atef @ 2021-11-24  4:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: Martin Jambor, jakub

Hello everyone,
    I need to remind you that we are working on implementation of OMPD, so
you don't make it open for GSoC this year.

our progress so far,
We are working on a GDB extension using python so we can provide OMPD with
callbacks.
Jakub said that we need GDB support, but the GDB community didn't reply to
us although we mailed them more than one time, so is it okay to build the
plugin and extend GDB with python for testing purposes ?

to enable OMPD the runtime must provide some routines like:
ompd_dll_locations_valid(void)
void ompd_bp_parallel_begin(void)
void ompd_bp_parallel_end(void)
void ompd_bp_task_begin(void)
void ompd_bp_task_end(void)
and define the variable const char **ompd_dll_locations.
so far so good , BUT OMPD can not access debug information at the runtime,
so it needs to access them. We will write some macros for that.
the macros will generate the sizes and offsets for the following structs:
gomp_team
gomp_task_icv

Should we generate all structs sizes?

Are we on the right path?

I wish to hear from you soon.

Thanks,
    Mohamed

* GNU OMPD implementation
@ 2021-10-29 21:03 Mohamed Atef
From: Mohamed Atef @ 2021-10-29 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: jakub

hello everyone,
we read chapter 5 and the paper proposed RWTH Aachen University and the
others
They worked on the same project.
some of us will work on OMPD, somebody will work on GDB plugin python
script and somebody will work on GDB support as jakub said ,
but i have some clarifications that might seem silly what do you mean by
GDB support and the header file specified in chapter 5 will be written
easily but we have a problem with the implementation itself where to
start?, do we miss something?, what are the basic knowledge we know C/C++
python and we have good understanding in Algorithms and Datastructures some
of the team members will compete in the regional ICPC contest this year
we understood the for gimple files
I am sorry if my questions might seem very basic or not?
What is the next step?
We are 6 students. How can the work be divided ?

Mohamed